The two-day conference to be held at Bayview Eden, Queens Road, Melbourne on 28 and 29 August 2018 aims to improve productivity, cost efficiencies and innovative design through prefabricated and modular design and delivery.
This year's event will bring together leading experts from Queensland Health, Atlier Projects, Monash University, Frasers Property Australia, Hotel Not Hotel Amsterdamn, Macquarie University, Bates Smart and more.
Themes that will be addressed include:
- early contractor involvement for efficient project delivery
- ROI and business case development
- construction innovation and digital platforms
- procurement and supply chain management quality control
- project delivery and construction challenges, and
- virtual design and construction techniques.
New in 2018 will be the 75 percent new speaker line-up, the new location (Melbourne), greater focuses on why clients are choosing modular and trends of investment from a range of sectors into prefabricated modular design and construction.
There will also be case studies into at least four major projects:
- $30 million Agricola College with Western Australian School of Mines
- $7.6 million Macquarie University Innovation Hub
- Dandenong Railway part of a $1.64 billion package of works, and
- $2.9 billion redevelopment of 25 King Street.
This is not a mass participation event, featuring hundreds of attendees, say the organisers, who advise it has been specifically designed to increase the opportunities for collaboration and networking courtesy of formats like speed networking, solutions clinics, interviews and debates. You are encouraged to bring business cards, actively participate in the interactive learning and networking sessions, reflect on your current commercial challenges and leverage the event to identify new high value relationships and tangible business solutions, which you can implement when you are back in the office.
Visit the website to learn more.